Dec 3, 2007

First post.

I've kept many blogs in my day. I started blogging in 2001, when I was still in high school. Two of those blogs lasted several years (although one is dying a slow death as we speak), but most ended up containing only a few posts and are then unceremoniously abandoned.

A blog is nothing without an audience. Why else would you write something and publish it on the intertubes? If private shoe-gazing is what you're in to, get a journal with a heart-shaped lock to hide under your bed. Blog posts enter the ether forever, archived by Google 'til kingdom come. A hippie astronomy professor I had a few semesters back told us that radio waves emanate from the earth outwards, in all directions, at the speed of light. Some aliens 13 parsecs away are probably watching Johnny Carson and Tricky Dick Nixon as we speak, much like equally alien beings will be pouring over this fossilized blog post god-knows-how-long from now on the way-back machine. Maybe they can be my audience. I don't like to be caught gazing at my shoes for too long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!